I left my dog, in Sacramento... Kelly's Visit Day 2 & 3

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hi everydoggie & GirlGirl, it's Michele, Ruby's Mom here. Ruby said the other day that I could 'borrow the keys to the blog' to post about my visit to San Francisco. I thought that was very kind of her. Ruby spent another enjoyable visit at the Wag---much as she might try and tell you otherwise while 'Auntie' Kelly and I headed into the 'city by the bay' San Francisco.

I don't spend that much time in San Francisco, so when a friend visits, I always tend to go...it's a great excuse to people watch, shop and eat great food. Now both Kelly and I lived in the Bay area for a long time...but like most people, because of work and life, didn't spend a huge amount of time in 'the City'. When visitors would come into town, the typical spot to visit was Fisherman's Wharf, so we decided to mix it up a bit and spend time shopping in Union Square. It was a quick visit (only 1 night) but we had a lot of fun!

We started our visit at the San Francisco Ferry Marketplace. There are some great little cafes and a farmer's market. All the food looked amazing!!! Wally, I took LOTS of pictures of 'eatables' for you. After a fun afternoon we checked into the Hotel Adagio, grabbed the magic plastic card as Ruby calls it and did some shopping. We then had some dinner at a restaurant called Cortez which was amazing and I'm so sorry I didn't snap any pictures of your food because it was so beautiful AND delicious! We finished the evening by catching a movie. Yes, we are exciting, aren't we...but Ruby says I'm boring all the time so this shouldn't come as a surprise ;)

On Monday we ventured out early and we checked out two local pet shops which was very fun and than did some more shopping which of course included the Apple Store and a visit to Citizen Cupcake! We then headed home and picked up Ruby. So a VERY quick visit, but just fun to get away. Here are a few pictures from our visit...



I'm going to turn the blog back over to Ruby now because she has something important to tell you all...

Thanks Mom...dog is she boring...I would have been painting the town red and dancing at that Ruby Skye club she took a picture of. I'm so sorry you had to endure that...you are good friends to read it. Oh the important thing...this is my 100th post!!! Can you believe it?!?!?! It's very exciting for me since I really didn't know if I was going to dig doing this blogging thing...but I do and I love all you pups so thanks for making me want to keep blogging!!!

Comments

20 Responses to "I left my dog, in Sacramento... Kelly's Visit Day 2 & 3"

Tadpole said... 5:41 PM

YAY Ruby! 100 down and countless to go! Woot!

Luckie Girl said... 6:01 PM

Hey Ruby,
After reading all your MOm's mumbo jumbo, I am glad to hear from you. hee hee..
I too just celebrated my 100th post! WOO HOO!! :)

Suki & Joey said... 6:35 PM

We are all glad that you decided to blog, Ruby! I can't imagine it without you :)

Looks like your Mom and Auntie Kelly had a great time! San Francisco looks really cool, but you're right, dancing at a club named after YOU would have been the coolest thing EVER! I would totally go with you!

Puggy kisses
Suki

Boo Casanova said... 6:42 PM

so good of ruby to let your mom blog about her trip. LOL

100th post huh. once you started blogging, you don't wanna stop when you get to meet so many good friends via the net.

wet wet licks

Boo

Frasier said... 7:03 PM

Hi Ruby
Thats great!!!
Glad your mommy had a great time!
Frasier

Lorenza said... 7:43 PM

Hi, Ruby.
Thanks for letting your mom post about her good time there in San Francisco. Glad she had great time with your Auntie.
Congratulations on your 100th post! And many more to come!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Joe Stains said... 9:33 PM

happy 100th post, it was VERY nice of you to share with your Mom. Tell her maybe she can post after 100 more?

ToFFee said... 10:24 PM

San Francisco looks very nice!

hey did you know that we have a pet car and they named him "skye"?

are you both related to have that resto? Skye just got back from the carhospital. He's fine.. a bad bad hooman tried to kidnap him and got banged a bit.

Mommy just loves the pictures of travels! espawcially the fowowers..

Did you had fun at the Wag?


Wuffs!
Toffee

Stanley said... 10:52 PM

WOO HOO, Rubinator!!

Congratulations! I'm with Suki... can't imagine the blogosphere without my R-Bug!

I can totally see you and Suki getting all kicky at club Ruby Skye! What a great mental image!

So good of you to lend the keys of the blog to your mama. She and your Auntie Kelly couldn't help BUT have fun - good friends, good food, and it was San Fran, man! (My girl used to live in Berkeley and misses it like MAD)!

Goober love,
Stanley

Urban Smoothie Read said... 12:41 AM

ruby, ur mum seems 2 b enjoying herself....n get a little shopaholics there...

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said... 2:30 AM

Happy 100th Post Ruby!


And tell your Mum, Jeannie just loved readin' all about San Francisco.....she says it looks so romantic.

love and happy licks, Marv xxxxx

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said... 2:33 AM

Hi Ruby's Mum!

Those pictures were so atmospheric, I felt I was there with you!

I want to go, I want to go!!!!!!!!

To San Francisco......oh it looks totally amazing, and the food wow!

As you can tell, I like the look of San Francisco very very very very much!

love and light Jeannie xxxxx
ps your tomatables look sooooo much nicer than ours here, I guess they get the heat which is lacking here.

Huskee and Hershey said... 4:29 AM

Hi Ruby,
Your mom seems to be having a great time.. you'd better make sure she brings something back for you!!

Oscar's mummy and daddy said... 5:08 AM

The photos of San Francisco are cool, I'd like to visit there sometime.

Well done on 100 posts Ruby!

Katy x

Simba and Jazzi said... 5:11 AM

100 posts way to go. But theres a human on the blog!!!

Simba x

Amber-Mae said... 7:11 AM

Oh, San Fransisco is sooo cool! Your mom is sooo lucky to have a holiday there...And CONGRATS in your 100th post!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Ferndoggle said... 7:57 AM

Happy 100th! We just hit the 400 mark (that's a lot of blogging!).

Our Dad went to San Fran a couple of time to see his friend...we've never been their but hear the Rice a Roni is great!

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Unknown said... 12:49 PM

Congrats Ruby!!! Mama and I love your blog. Hope you a grand time while your mom was in San Fransisco... now back to Ruby business ;p

Loves,
Tofu

Molly the Airedale said... 4:27 PM

That was awesome hearing from your mom! I'm so glad they're having a great time! Happy 100 post!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Jen and Suki said... 9:05 PM

Your mom's trip makes my mom miss living in the Bay Area. I hear it's a wonderful place for dogs and people alike. You should post some Sacatomato pictures too! Glad you have fun at Wag!