Why do I have this name???

Monday, August 24, 2009

So Ike started this great meme about how us pups gots our names. So I sat down with Mom and asked her...here's what I learned...

Ruby: Mom, why did you name me Ruby?

Ruby's Mom: Well, Ruby, I thought it fit you...you just kinda look like a Ruby to me!

Ruby: Mom, couldn't you have been a little more creative???

Ruby's Mom: Your name IS Ruby Bleu...I think that is mighty creative!

Ruby: Seriously woman, that is all you have to say for yourself? Did you put any thought into the whole naming process? When hooman pups are being borned their pawrents spend months and months thinking of names and all you have is that I "kinda look like a Ruby". You had to have gotten the idea somewhere??? Was there no process at all???

Ruby's Mom: Well OK, I did put a lot of thought into it. You can ask Auntie Yvette, Auntie Joey and Auntie Kathy. I even posted an online poll. I had names like Lola and Lucy and a whole bunch of others that I just can't remember anymore. But I couldn't find anything that I really liked.

Ruby: So then what happened to change your mind.

Ruby's Mom: I decided to just wait until I got a picture of you...but still couldn't decide. Then I got hooked on Grey's Anatomy...at first (for like a whole 5 minutes) you were going to be an Izzie, short for Isabella. Thought that was nice and sounded very sophisticated just like your sister Sophia's name.

Ruby: Grey's Anatomy, really? This story is starting to get kinda boring...

Ruby's Mom: Well, like I said, I was hooked on Grey's Anatomy and got the soundtrack and there was this song called 'Ruby Blue' by Roisin Murphy. And well that was it...I guess I just liked it and thought it would be a cute name for you.

Ruby: Um, Mom, have you even listened to that song? It doesn't have very nice things to say about Ruby Blue. Sheesh...

Ruby's Mom: Well it was catchy...and sounded fun...heck, I don't listen to the words...I just like the beat.

Ruby: Boy your old...you sound like your being interviewed on American Bandstand or something.

Ruby's Mom: Oh Ruby...

rubybleu

Anyhowl...so now you know. That's how I got my name. And if you're interested, I pawsonally prefer the Kaiser Cheifs song, 'Ruby'!

So now I want to tag some of my girlie friends...Lacie, Asta, Clover, Maggie, Lorenza...how did you gets your name???


Comments

18 Responses to "Why do I have this name???"

Mack said... 6:50 AM

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby!
I just can't imagine you as anything but my Ruby!

I just love that name!

Fred said... 7:49 AM

Ruby Bleu is a great name! And I like the Warholesque pics. Wowowow!

Mr. Puggle® said... 7:52 AM

well i think it is a perfect name! i thought maybe you got picked on a tuesday or something. :)

Molly the Airedale said... 1:11 PM

We can't imagine you with any other name! Ruby Bleu is just perfect!
I've done this meme with Mitch, Ruby! Dad named me and my registered name is MaggapeeBriddleBritt! Kind of a mouthful, huh?!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

C.l.o.v.e.r. said... 1:18 PM

Hi Ruby!
I love your name and I like how you got it too. Thanks for tagging me, this is a fun one! I will play this week.
xo

Lorenza said... 8:11 PM

Hi, Ruby!
Yes, your name is perfect!
Thanks for tagging me.
As you know, my mom is lorenza like my name!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Asta said... 9:38 PM

Ruby
That is the pawfectest name,
vewy bootiful, mistewious, and sophisticated, just like you!
I love the pics
thanks fow tagging me..I'll see if I can intewview Mommi
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Marvin said... 2:20 AM

You are a Ruby to me always.......because you are such a Jewel.

(sorry I was a bit corny there, I am not very good at original chat up lines!)

My Jeannie loves, loves, loves The Kaiser Chiefs!

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby!!!!

lotsaluv, from The Lounge Lizard, Marvin xxxxxxxx

Dexter said... 3:25 AM

Sigh... the things one must put up with.

Slobbers,
Mango

Noah the Airedale said... 4:37 AM

Do you like Rubs? We have a habit down here of shortening every name.
We have those warhole piccies too.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Deefor said... 11:01 AM

I think it's a wonderful unique name. Long and short. And from what Noah says-- it reminds me of belly rubs.

Deefor

Deefor said... 11:01 AM

I think it's a wonderful unique name. Long and short. And from what Noah says-- it reminds me of belly rubs.

Deefor

Archie and Melissa said... 2:26 PM

oh what a great post! ruby, i love your name and the story of how you got it!

Moco said... 8:41 PM

And to think we thought you were named after the beautiful gem.

Murphy Dogg said... 12:13 PM

I like to think you're like the old song "Rock 'n' Roll Ruby."

Kelly said... 8:34 AM

Ruby girl, I love your name! Do you know I was ALMOST named Ruby?! Pearls and Rubys are my momma's favorite jewels! (And we ARE jewels, aren't we Ruby!?)

Have a great weekend cute girl!!

Fred said... 12:19 PM

I tagged you on my blog!

Emily and Ike said... 7:59 PM

Your interviewing skills are pawesome!
Ike